Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

i was convicted by a bench jury when i was 19 for criminal

Customer Question

i was convicted by a bench jury when i was 19 for criminal sexual abuse with a 15 year old who said we had sex twice in 10 mins which we just kissed for about 5 and talked for 5. the medical examination was 4 days after the acusation which stated her hymen was intact. I have been registering for 10 years and i am done in a few days. My question has two parts:
1. how can i get this re-opened or looked at, sealed or pardoned?
2. I am told that i don't have to register anymore but still have to follow all sex offender laws in illinois for life by the illinois state police. that doesn't seem right. is there someone can i can talk to?

thank you for your time
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

you can apply for a pardon through the Governor's office. if you get the pardon, then you can file for an expungment.

here is a link for that contact information. call and tell them you want a pardon application. the process is long and there are no guarantees that it would be granted, but well worth the effort.

good luck

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i wanted an answer on if what i typed had warrant to re-open the case and/or how.

also need the 2nd question answered on resources or who i can talk to about the SO laws in illinois regarding after registeration of 10 years is complete.

can you help?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

no. you cannot reopen the case. you asked about getting it sealed and that is the information i provided.

if you are not required to register, that does not exempt you from the other laws.