Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
18572087

i a m recently divorced and me and my ex spouse have a car

i a m recently divorced and me and my ex spouse have a car together. I am the cosigner and the payment is due every two weeks. The car company calls my cell phone, my jobe several times due to the ex spouse not returning their calls, not making arrangements or not calling them back and he wont accept their calls at work. I called his wife to leave the number for him to contact after trying to call him about the account which he laughed in my face about and said he would call the car company and me back which he never did. I again tried to call him to give him the number to call he put me on hold and hung up. later tonight after midnight he called yelling and screaming about calling his wife which i hung up. He called again and said he was serving me with papers on friday. what do i need to do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry, I am having a hard time understanding--what exactly is he serving you with--papers for what?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thats what I would like to know. I would like to know what I need to do. He has a history of physical and verbal abuse and he is currently on probabtion. He may even lie and say I am harrassing him which I am not I never go to his job I always contact him during business hours yet he calls me after midnight yelling and screaming. I just would like to know what steps I need to take.
From what you have explained, I do not see what cause your husband has for filing papers, except possibly for a restraining order. As for what steps to take...so far nothing has occurred. Once he does file, if he files, then you would have to respond to the complaint (if civil) or the charges (if criminal), build up your defense, and wait to see the judge for your side of the story.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.

_____________________________________________________________________
Please click "accept" so I can be compensated for my assistance. Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
on what grounds can he file a restraining order? I have done nothing but relay messages from the car company that he wont accept phone calls from. I am sure he is just angry that I contacted his wife
Customer

I am merely speculating. I do not know enough about the facts to know with certainty that this is what your ex is planning. Once you get served, then I can help you review the documents and give you a better answer.

To answer your follow-up, typical grounds, besides physical abuse, can be harassment, cyber stalking, and constant communication that has been asked to stop and was not.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.