socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I have just been charged with a misdemeanor for fraud for using

Customer Question

I have just been charged with a misdemeanor for fraud for using my sisters credit card, i was given probation for 6 months and told that the charge will be expunged after. I am planning on leaving the country for work (im an RN) and the judge gave me clearance to leave the country and made my probation non reporting. My lawyer said that the charge will be expunged after 6 months...should i follow up after 6 months??? IS their anyway to get an early release of probation??? I was tried only because I was using her credit card and her identification, even though i had permission to use her credit card. How can i get my record clear because I have to renew my nursing license soon...Please help!!!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

You will be required to report the criminal conviction, even though it is expunged. Goverment licensing agencies expect a higher ethical performance, and failure to report the conviction, will practically guarantee the permanent revocation of your license.

Since it won't matter whether or not you clear your record early, you may want to just let the wheels of justice turn in an orderly fashion and not try to do anything fancy.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Edited by socrateaser on 12/1/2009 at 4:35 AM EST