KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  Over 13 years of experience practicing law.

I was convicted of a felon 19 years ago, since then I was married

Customer Question

I was convicted of a felon 19 years ago, since then I was married for 11 years, My wife and I have 9 children. The reason why I said only 11 years of being married , she died in the year of 2004. All of my children have been and some are still under my care and they're all doing good I recently lost my job after being there 18 years, (due to the company closing ).Even Looking for a job I'm asked about my past If I could change it I sure would ,but I can't . what do I do, because sometime it hurts
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do about your felony conviction. The only way to get it expunged is if it took place while you were a minor. The best you can do is show how you haven't done anything wrong since then and are a different person. You should be fine.

I hope this helps,