Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I was arrested 3 days ago for assault on a female and false

I was arrested 3 days ago for assault on a female and false imprisonment. My girlfriend and i were in an arguement and were out in the driveway at night yelling. She was trying to walk down this dark road with speeding cars and i was concerned for her saftey so i put my hands on her shoulders trying get her to stop. she finally stops and goes in the house. the neighbors called the police saying they were hearing alot of yelling and didnt see anything. My girlfriend stated that i didnt hurt her and we were just in an arguement, I believe the police officer forced her to make a writte statement and therfore i was arrested. The cop said no one was getting arrested and yet there i went to the county jail. My girlfriend is going to tell the DA that i didnt do anything to her. Can she say this and all charges be dropped? anything you can tell me? im 21 and she is 20

hi

it's possible that if she explains it the prosecutor will dismiss everything. you have to remember that a police officer has a duty to protect and so they had to do a report. of course, the GF can speak to the victim coordinator in the prosecutor's office and explain what actually happened and why the report was given. she then can request the matter be dismissed or at the very least placed on an inactive docket - this means no more problems for a year or so and the matter goes away. if more problems then these instance offense charges can be resurrected.