CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I was recently arrested for Prostitution in Harrisburg Pa.

I was recently arrested for Prostitution in Harrisburg Pa. But I never talked about sex or touched the officer. we corresponded thru email and never mentioned sex of any kind. When I showed up at the location i was arrested when i picked up the envelope with the donation for a massage in it. Do i have a chance of beating the case? i was charged with S 18 §5902 §§A1

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
If there was never any talk of or action, to prove there was intent to have sex or the solicitation of, then you have a chance to beat the case. If the extent of your correspondence with the officer, was strictly for a massage, you could have a valid legal defense. There would need to be some indication, through your contact with the officer, that the purpose of the meeting was for sex and not a massage.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He said that because he found me thru a escort site. that it is reason enough to make a arrest. The donation wasnt even talked about. I assumed it was just a massage and that was his reply.

It may be enough to make the arrest but not enough for a conviction. Alot depends on what the site offered and the language that was used. You should retain the services of a criminal defense attorney and have them look at the facts of your case. They can see if the State will be able to meet their burden beyond a reasonable doubt or if you should take a plea.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help. do u know of any one in my area I could call or thats listed here in the site?

Here is a list of 26 attorneys you can call in the area, who you can speak with about your case.

Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer.