CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I was recently arrested for Prostitution in Harrisburg Pa.

I was recently arrested for Prostitution in Harrisburg Pa. But I never talked about sex or touched the officer. we corresponded thru email and never mentioned sex of any kind. When I showed up at the location i was arrested when i picked up the envelope with the donation for a massage in it. Do i have a chance of beating the case? i was charged with S 18 §5902 §§A1

Katherine
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
If there was never any talk of or action, to prove there was intent to have sex or the solicitation of, then you have a chance to beat the case. If the extent of your correspondence with the officer, was strictly for a massage, you could have a valid legal defense. There would need to be some indication, through your contact with the officer, that the purpose of the meeting was for sex and not a massage.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He said that because he found me thru a escort site. that it is reason enough to make a arrest. The donation wasnt even talked about. I assumed it was just a massage and that was his reply.

It may be enough to make the arrest but not enough for a conviction. Alot depends on what the site offered and the language that was used. You should retain the services of a criminal defense attorney and have them look at the facts of your case. They can see if the State will be able to meet their burden beyond a reasonable doubt or if you should take a plea.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your help. do u know of any one in my area I could call or thats listed here in the site?

Here is a list of 26 attorneys you can call in the area, who you can speak with about your case.

http://www.martindale.com/Results.aspx

Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer.