How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was charged with breach of trust with fraudulent intent greater

Resolved Question:

i was charged with breach of trust with fraudulent intent greater than 5000.00 what ar my options this happen 2yrs ago and im willing to pay it back even though i plead not guilty .what can happen
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!


Are you being represented by an attorney?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im in the process of seeking legal representation
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.

Yes, you need to be reprsented by an attorney.


"Trust" crimes are very serious. Even if you are not sentenced to jail, a conviction for such a crime can keep you from obtaining all kinds of jobs in the future. They can prevent you from getting any type of job that involves money or where you are required to be bonded. If you testify in court in the future, your character can automatically be impeached by that conviction.


So, you want to be represented by an attorney who can, hopefully, work out some type of plea deal where the money gets paid back and you plead guilty to an offense that's not a "truth" crime. If the money is paid back by the time of the plea, you'll probably only face probation and not jail.


Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

JB Umphrey and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i realize that i was just asking what are the consequences being that im tired of the aggravation and im willing to pay the money back.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
The consequences depend upon what the final plea bargain is. That's why I outlined the different considerations. Again, if the money is paid back in full and upfront, you'll probably just get probation and not jail.

Related Criminal Law Questions