JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

How can I get The DA to drop all charges The DA will not

How can I get The DA to drop all charges
The DA will not listen to me
Please call ASAP
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

How are you related to the case?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There has been a huge mistake on what the real facts are. On the evening of October 24, 2009 my Dad was in bed trying to go to sleep, but my mother and I had a agrument and our voices were loud. My Dad heard us and came out of his bedroom and was upset and exhausted. He told all of us to get to bed and I refused which caused the tragic mistake. My mom and I were in our laundry room having a cigarette and the on;y light in the house was in the laundry room. It was dark and what I thought looked like a weapon was a broom handle. My Dad was taken to jail and 20 police cars came out of nowhere. They were searching our home for over an hour and found nothing! Now my Dad is facing menacing charges against him and the courts or no one will listen to me. Could you please help my entire family so we don't have to go thorugh anymore stress and anguish. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X really need to talk to you ASAP! Thank you so much!

Sorry, but I can't take/place phone calls.

From the facts that you described, it's true the DA does not have to listen to you or drop the charges. The DA has the discretion to go ahead with the court case and it doesn't matter what you want to see happen.

The only recourse is for your Dad to hire or be represented by a court-appointed attorney, demand a jury trial, and then you can tell your side of events and the jury can make a decision.

I'm sorry that things can't be any easier but that's the nature of the laws and processes.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience: Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please could you try to help us ? My Dad and Mom have giving me everything and have helped me and my daughter with everything! My paretnts took me in when I was pregant and at the time a run away. I have put my parents through more than anyone could handle. My Dad supports all of us and has done so for over 10 years. I tried to get help from the housing, but I cannnot qualify for some reason. If you or anyone could give the resources I need so I can start to live on my own and not depend on my parents to do everything. I don' pay for anything which has caused alot of stess. Also in November of 2007 my Dad co-signed on a new Chevy Cobalt and I was going through a bad relationship with a guy that I thought was the king of the world, called me on November 4 and said if you do not meet me I will leave you forever. Well, I left at 3:00am in the morning after I had been drinking and wrecked the car. I was never sentenced, but I totalled my the car. After that, my Dad has been under so much! Plus Bank of America is probably going to foreclosure my Dad's house. With all of this going on we really need someone to help us! Could you please call me in person or direct me to someone

that I could speak to.

Sincerely,

Rachel Geschwentner

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Call 2-1-1. It's your local United Way. They can connect you with resources.