JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

I need to know if I have a warrant in Arapahoe County and

Customer Question

I need to know if I have a warrant in Arapahoe County and why...
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
Do you know what court you have the warrant in and for what?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its in Arapahoe county in aurora colorado.i got a dui last year and i finished probation but i didnt finish paying my fine.if i do have a warant what can i do to not go to jail? should i have someone go pay it for me?

You can call the court to see if there's a warrant out. You can ask them what the outstanding balance is. Yes, you can have someone to go in and pay the balance for you. Then, after that, you can turn yourself in on the warrant. If the only outstanding thing you had was unpaid fines and costs, then you should not have to worry about going to jail.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They don't give information threw the phone. They said I have to show up but if i do that, then they'll put me in jail! So what i was told to do is ask an attorney if I have a warrant and why...

Okay, well some courts do have a policy of not giving the information over the phone. What they meant, however, was for you to hire a local attorney to help you. The attorney would file an appearance on your behalf and then find out the details. You don't need an attorney; however, because the outcome will be the same.

It's up to you to decide if you're going to pay money to an attorney or put that money towards your fines. If you have an idea of how much money you owe, take that with you when you go to court.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so you cant look it up and see if i have it????
Sorry, no, it does not appear that the court has an online case look-up.