California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California

would a cwof for a bounce check back in 1985 come up and kill

would a cwof for a bounce check back in 1985 come up and kill my chances for a LTC in Massachusetts, I have nothing else whatsoever before or since then. It happened while in the AF in Georgia. My direct deposit had an issue and 2 checks bounced at Piggly Wiggly
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 6 years ago.

Can you tell me what a CWOF and a LTC is? Then I will try and help you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
continued without a finding, and obviously I paid for the checks, LTC is liscence to carry (weapons) for Massachusetts

It is unlikely that one would affect the other.

If your case is continued without a finding, it can help you in cases where a finding of guilty would cause you problems in your career or educational opportunities. Some job applications ask you if you've ever been found guilty of a crime, and you can honestly answer "no". A guilty plea vs. a cwof may make a difference for certain law enforcement careers, security clearances, the right to own certain firearms, eligibility for certain scholarships or financial aid, or many other reasons.

A CWOF will not make any difference vs. a guilty plea if you are found guilty of the same offense in the future. It will stay on your record, and will absolutely be used against you in the future if you are charged with a second offense.

I hope this helps. I think you will be ok.