CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

My son was arrested in Maricopa County, AZ for a MIC violation.

My son was arrested in Maricopa County, AZ for a MIC violation. How do they do that without doing any kind of test on him?
If no tests are done, they rely on their physical observations of your son and based on their training and experience, determine if they should make an arrest. However, the lack of evidence, could help your son's case if he decides to fight this and can be used to discredit the officer and create doubt.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. So they don't HAVE to do ANY kind of test to place him under arrest? How can they prove he was under the influence?

They can use their observations of his physical appearance, to prove he was under the influence and make the arrest. Their physical observations are what the prosecutor will rely on, when presenting their case.