How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25956
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my teenage daughter was driving her friends car without insurance.

Resolved Question:

my teenage daughter was driving her friend's car without insurance. She was also speeding so she was given two tickets. She did not go to court. I only found out when tickets were sents to the house. I dont know what to do please help.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

What State are you in?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes in Cypress Texas but she was ticketed in Winnie Texas
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
As a result of her missing court, her license is likely suspended. She needs to go to the clerk of courts and reset her court date and resolve the 2 tickets. She will likely have to pay fines, court costs and surcharges. If she is able to obtain valid insurance, she should present it to the Judge, to show she corrected the situation. Moreover, she should ask if she can take driving school, to avoid points being assessed on her license.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I get the court to reset the date. The clerk says she cant do that. I am willing to pay the fine but dont want this to affect her. She is a good girl. She was silly. They were attending a seminar and her friend said she was feeling sleepy so she decided to drive. I am so worried. I will do what you suggested.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

Contact a traffic attorney in your area and see if they can file a motion to reset the court date. If not and she has waived her right to contest this, then she needs to pay the fines and costs and make sure her license is not suspended.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much. You have been very helpful. she will plead no contest pay the fines . Is this the right thing to do
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

If she has no defenses, then a no contest plea is a way to resolve this. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer.

CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions