SavyLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience with misdemeanor and felony research

officer found less than a 1/4 gram of cystal meth and 1/4 ounce

officer found less than a 1/4 gram of cystal meth and 1/4 ounce of pot in house with two guns in the house. What could a person be charged with if the person had the drugs for personal use. Does not sell drugs.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  SavyLawyer replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for contacting the just answer team.

Based on the information provided, that person could likely be charged with possession of an illegal narcotic, with a max fine of $1000 and a max jail sentence of 1 year. However, just because the potential charges appear small doesn't mean you don't need to be proactive. I strongly encourage you to contact a criminal defense attorney in your area of Georgia immediately. For a referral, contact the Georgia State Bar Association HERE.

I hope this helps, and thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please remember to click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work.

Take care