CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I have been discharged from community suprevision, and the

I have been discharged from community suprevision, and the cause has been dismissed. Does this mean all my civil rights have been restored? Can I posses firearms?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
If the case was dismissed and you do not have a felony conviction, then you should have all your rights. That would include being able to own a firearm, unless the court ordered otherwise.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Was a 5 year sudspended sentence community supervision, which I completed. Order was, Cause is dismissed, anddischarged from Community supervision. I cannot seem to be able to get an answer about "finale" conviction. If sentence is "suspended" and "cause" dismissed, and I am "discharged" is there a conviction?
If the case was dismissed, there should not be a conviction. You should go to the clerk of courts in the county where your case was heard and request a copy of the final disposition of the case. The disposition, should indicate if you do have a conviction or if the case was dismissed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I received a copy of "order discharging defendant from community supervision". it is signed by the court judge, filed in volume 35 of criminal records, filed with district cleck, and certified as a true copy by the district clerk, with clerks stamp. I doubt that here is any "disposition" of case filed in the cout unlees this is it. If clerk followed proceedure it would be the first correct move in my case.

How much do you charge for doing a Writ of HC in Texas?

The site does not offer such services. If the case was dismissed, as a result of your suspended sentence being successfully completed, then you do not have a conviction and thus, would have your civil rights.