Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

what more do you need to know

what more do you need to know?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
You need to explain your situation and ask your specific question if you want an answer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ft Lauderdale, Broward County. By the way, lets say for args sake the gun was never brought out during the raid.
You must explain your entire situation, one sentence at a time does not allow for us to actually provide any answers to you, and ask your specific question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, sorry. thats it
Okay, so a gun was never brought out in a raid, what is the question? That is all you have told me is a gun was never brought out in a raid, how am I supposed to know anything else to give you an answer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Oh, ok my prev post must have gotten lost.

Heres the deal...

I am only seeing this post, I cannot find any other post, so I am sorry, you will need to reenter the information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Person A gets caught selling 1 gram of crystal meth. He has 1 g of meth more in his possession. He lives in a school zone. He also has viagra that he imports from india (50 pills (100 mgs ea)) in his possession. He has a gun in the house for protection. It is a legally acquired gun. Never brought out during the raid. This person is late 30's, clean record, no history of any violations. what kind of sentence are we looking at if he cooperates w DEA, turns in fellow perps, and obtains good legal representation. Broward County,FL.
Under the federal law, mere possession of a firearm when in the commission of a drug offense is a violation of the law. It is of no consequence that the gun was never displayed or used in the commission of the drug offense, just the fact it was on the premises where the drugs were allegedly being distributed would be sufficient for the offense to be charged and convicted. However, the cooperation would be grounds for the defense attorney to seek to have that charge dismissed by the US Attorney, but it is at the sole discretion of the US Attorney as to whether or not to do so.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience