socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Legal age of consent is 18 in Florida. Does that change if

Legal age of consent is 18 in Florida. Does that change if a 17yo girl already is a mother by having a child? Is she some how emancipated or become legal by being a mother at 17?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

Under 794.05(3) Fl. Stat., the victim's prior sexual conduct is not relevant to the prosecution for unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.

In other words -- the fact that the minor is a mother is no defense to the crime.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.