Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

I am scheduled to go to court on a DUI charge on November 5th

I am scheduled to go to court on a DUI charge on November 5th and am not really happy with my legal representation to this point.

I am a resident of Washington state but am working down here in Charleston, SC (where I am to go to court). I have paid them 2/3 of the agreed retainer but would like to know if it is too late to run my case by another attorney for review.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer

If you do not feel comfortable with your attorney's representation of you, I would recommend you discuss your discomfort with them before consulting with another attorney. It is highly unlikely that you will get another DUI attorney to discuss your case with you unless and until you terminate your representation with your current attorney. If you do decide to terminate this relationship, then your new attorney might be able to get a continuance on your case based on their recent hiring. They will ask for your case file from your current attorney and then move forward. Depending on how your fee agreement was written, you may or may not lose most of your retainer already deposited with your current attorney.