Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.

Brother is facing 7 felony child molestation charges. He has

Brother is facing 7 felony child molestation charges. He has been in the military for 9 years. I have been unable to contact them but from what I heard he has admitted to 2 under interogation with out council. He is currently in kansas and the charges seem to be coming from georgia. What is he looking at and what would the best help at this point?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

According to Georgia Code Title 16-6-4, each molestation charge carries a 10 year minimum sentence and 30 year maximum sentence.

The best thing you can do is make sure he has competent representation. Here is a link to the Georgia Bar referral service.

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so i may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can he expect any assistance from the military? He has 34 days before he is being discharged and is being held in kansas until then. The accusations come from his estranged wife that got pregnant by another guy. Will kansas be required to provide representation before he is sent down to Georgia?
If you will accept the original Answer, I will be more than happy to answer any follow up questions you have that relate to the question.