Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son has been charged with 2 counts of first degree sexual

Customer Question

My son has been charged with 2 counts of first degree sexual molestation involving my granddaughter who is 8 1/2 years old. My son is 35 years old and lives with my husband, older son, and myself. He had just moved to our new home and was playing with my granddaughter in his room. The door was open the whole time and I frequently checked on them and could see them the whole time. We believe when he picked her up and held her that that's when she says she was touched. She was wearing a bathing suit with large open sides. There was no intent. What are our chances in getting this dropped? We do have legal assistance thru pre paid legal that we will contact Monday.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

I will tell you right now, you will not have this dropped. If the DA feels confident enough to charge him, they will not drop the charges. Your choices now are to plead it down to an agreement OR plea not guilty and go to trial. Chances of it being dropped are zero. Sorry to be harsh about it, but I wanted to let you know.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work.

Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for your answer. It is helpful to know what we are up against. I know you must get people feeling they are innocent but not.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Just remember - the police, the DA, and/or Judge are NOT your friends. They are there to convict you. So don't have him try to "please" them by cooperating in hopes that they will drop the charges - cooperation at this stage will only entrench him further.Also know that without DNA evidence, their case will simply rest on the testimony of the alleged victim, which is great, because the conviction bar is "beyond a reasonable doubt."