dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice
5930486

my younger sister has p.o.a. over our mother whom is in the

Customer Question

my younger sister has p.o.a. over our mother whom is in the beginning stages of dementia,however mother is very unhappy with her current living arrangement.Little sister is is blocking mothers &my ability to talk privately.Mother dsperetly,
wants out of her cUrRent living arrangement&MOVE BACK TO HER BEAUTIFUL HOME IN PLYMOUTH MICHIGAn WHERE i CAN HELP HER TAKE CARE OF HER SELF
rITE NOW LITtleL

SIS HAS MOMS NEW CAR AND ACCESS TO HER SAVING ACCOUNTS,also mom is very lucid and has expressed to little sis how unhappy she is living
at her daughters house
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 7 years ago.

Your mother can revoke that Power of Attorney any time she wants, or you could consider a guardianship and conservatorship for your mother. The guardianship and conservatorship would be more "all inclusive" and more permanent. It goes through the court system and is somewhat reviewed by the court so that someone cannot just make her live where it is inappropriate, or take all her money. The scenario you described is so common, and so sad that people can do that to their own parents.

Talk to a lawyer and get something going pretty quickly before younger sister ties things up and possibly gets the G&C herself.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dear MR.Kennedy; Through research i,ve already done,I knew the info you provided me. I also am aware of where I can obtain nessary documents on line to facillitate the beginnig of the process you have described in your answer. However I probly will explore my mothers desire for me to assume role as poa.which I,m in process of finding the right attorney. I do feel you should be compensated for your time,just not the full amount.Please respond to my offer sincerly B.C.McQuade.