Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Hello, I am an ex police officer. In 1984, I was unjustly covicted

Hello, I am an ex police officer. In 1984, I was unjustly covicted of GSI. I have since then, had my record expunged. I have held several jobs in security, being commisiond by the city of Cleveland, to carry a gun and arrest powers. I recently applied for my CCW, and was turned down, due to my conviction. It is my understanding, once a record is expunged, it should not interfer with things like that. Please give me you input.
Thanks

hi

you are correct. the purpose of an expungement is to erase a felony conviction. i suggest you check with the clerk of the court and make sure the expungement has been properly filed - if so, then get a copy of the court docket reflecting the same and then appeal your ccw denial