lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

my name was ran by police to see about warrant, i am on probation,

Customer Question

my name was ran by police to see about warrant, i am on probation, no charges or anything can this be a violation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
No, they can run a check on anyone and if you are on probation you have given up your privacy rights anyway as a condition of your probation.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so, i should not worry, this wouldn't be a violation?
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
I thought you meant was it a violation by the police, not was it a violation of your probation, sorry. No there is nothing to worry about. There is no record of a simple check for wants and warrants.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, I have just been freaking out for the last two days, the neighbors called the police becasue me and a family memeber were rough houseing pretty bad in his back yard (alcohol involved) no charges were pressed, by either of us, the police came because they werre called for a disturbance. They ran my name I told them I was on probation, i was intoxicated, they gave me a PBT medical looked at me, they scollded me and had my other family memebr take me to thier house. I am under the assumption that they would have taken me right then and there for the violation (drinking) or just forward to my PO, I am not sure. No charges to me equals no violation i guess. I am worried about the report they have to fill out.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Here I don't think there is anything to worry about. I know of much worse situations that have not been a problem but you do need to be much more careful.