lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

was in single car acident alone at 3 in morning hit concrete

Customer Question

was in single car acident alone at 3 in morning hit concrete driveway did 5 thousand of damage to anothers property was sent to hospital dont remenber anything had some head injury i guess while i was there they did blood work this has been a month ago have not been arrested but receved a letter from state att that they are going to subpoena my blood records found out i was 3 times the legal limint i got my records from hospital and the date of birth and year has me as being 100 yrs old i am 19 this is on the lab report will this big mistake be in my favor accident report says i am being charge with dui and reckless driving can a lawyer have this dismised now or do i have to be arrested before i can get a lawyer what do you think will be the outcome of this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
DUI is a serious offense. You do need to retain an attorney and I would not wait to find a good one. He may be able to get the DA not to charge you if the chain of custody on the blood samples was not maintained.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so are you saying to get a lawyer now before i have been arrested this is in the state of fla
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Yes that is what I am saying. He may be able to get the DA not to file charges. Otherwise you are going to need him anyway.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok the chain of custody of the blood lab work would be that they had my age and year i was born 1909 wrong is this what you are saying i am 19

Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Chain of custody is whether it was handled properly and each person signed off on it. The fact there is a wrong age would be an argument but not sufficient to exclude the evidence as long as they can prove it is yours.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the state trooper arrived after the accident and no one can place me in the car or that some one could have been with me and left does the state of fla have to see me in the vechile to charge me with dui or reckless driving
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Here the problem is that you cannot produce the person that you are going to try and claim was driving. Yes they can charge you but that is another argument for your attorney to use to try and keep you from being charged in the first place.