RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years

I want to write a character letter for my daughter in law to

Customer Question

I want to write a character letter for my daughter in law to the judge before sentencing, but I am not sure what the right way is to do the letter can you help me with some sort of template or some helpful examples she is very remorseful for her error but I am just not sure how to convey my support for her. thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
The Honorable Judge XXXXX XXXXX
133rd District Court
Houston, Texas 77338

Re My daughter in law, XXXXX XXXXX, Case No.

Dear Judge Smith .

I am writing you concerning my daughter in law XXXXX XXXXX.She has been convicted of ....I believe that she is of good character.She has made some mistakes but has learned from them.I think she would not be a danger to society at all.

I think that she would be an excellent candiate for probation or other lesser offense.She is very remorseful here and has indicated to me on more than one occasion she is sorry for the harm she has caused--feel free to add anything you want here

Sincerely yours,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just dont think this conveys all that should be said
I was jsut tryign to give you format here for such a letter.You know her and I don't here so you can add or delete to convey what you feel.I am just trying to tell you how to address a letter to the judge involved.I do not have knowledge of the facts and your daughter in law so please modify it here as needed.

Edited by RayAnswers on 10/8/2009 at 1:57 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not finding this helpful please cancel my membership. I will pursue other avenues for this letter. I am not interested in this service Thank you anyway. This is just not giving me the information I want
I will opt out here and leave for others.You wren't charged..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess I will close this session thank you for tryin to help. I will see what elae I can come up with to be of some help.
Good night and good luck