Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.

I was adjudicated guilty of felony charges (sex offender) in

I was adjudicated guilty of felony charges (sex offender) in 1998. (90 days and 3 yrs probation) I am not guilty! I'm living in HELL ! can this case be overturned? Is there any hope for me (besides a speedy death!)
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
Given that the adjudication took place in 1998, any appeal options are not time barred, since the notice to appeal should have been filed within 30 days after adjudication.

The other option is to petition the Office of Executive Clemency to pardon the offense.

The other option would be to expunge your records, although an adjudication of guilty generally does not qualify for expungement, so the appropriate process would be to seek the pardon.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.