Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

if my son has been sentenced to 8 years , given 1 year

if my son has been sentenced to 8 years , given 1 year good behavior so now down to 7 , do we have a chance for appeal, he is in michigan and i am in calif and greek to any criminal proceedures , he tock the plea due to his attorey said he would only get 4.3 years up to 8 and he got he full 8 even when the girls went on the stand and said she lied due to his sister told her to say what she did, the attorney said because of points before this threw in up to another bracket which is way he got so much time , , he had a good job was going to college and had about 25 to 30 letters of good charchter , but it seem like the judge was in for him since maybe he was an out of state guy, the charges were kidnapping and csc 3th degee, i fell liked the attorney has drained me for every last penny i had and i am 63 years old and need my son home to help me , the next guy aftermy son that saw the judge SHOT a cop and got 6 month county and 1 thousand dollar fine

the statute of limitations has expired for an appeal. he would need to file a post-conviction motion which can be costly and with no guarantees it would be granted..

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i was told we have 42 days to file an appeal he just got senteced sept 10

on a plea, an appeal cannot be filed - it needs to be a post-conviction motion.