Bappelman, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Former Public Defender, Founder and Criminal Defense Attorney at Appelman Criminal Defense LLC.

My brothers 6 week old baby died last week while in his care.

My brother's 6 week old baby died last week while in his care. The police called him today and said they want him to take a polygraph test next week because they have questions about the time it took him to call 911. Should he take a polygraph test?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Bappelman replied 7 years ago.

I would NEVER allow a client of mine to take a polygraph test for the police.

No matter what they say, the police are not looking to "clear" your brother with the results of the polygraph. They are trying to get him to say something that will get him in trouble. They want him to slip up and say something that they will use against him in court.

Your brother should immediately hire a criminal defense lawyer to protect him from the police. If the police try to contact him again he should tell them that he will not talk to them at all, and that they should speak to his lawyer.