How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12325
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe I was discrimated against by not receiving sentencing

Customer Question

I believe I was discrimated against by not receiving sentencing under the Prop. 36 guidelines. Its been a year since my conviction. Do I have any recourse?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there:

with a year since the conviction, there is not a lot that can be done procedurally. The only suggestion that I might make would be a motion to vacate the verdict pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure Section 657.

Let me know if more information is needed, and please remember to click "accept". Thank you.

Related Criminal Law Questions