Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I was arrested for a DUI, but was below the legal limit in

Customer Question

I was arrested for a DUI, but was below the legal limit in CA. My case was "set-aside" by the District Attorney and therefore I was not required to show up to court. While the DUI conviction was cleared from my record, I still have an "arrest" on my record, which I wish to have cleared, or expunged. I was told by the DA to go to the Sherriff's Dept., which told me to go to the Superior Court, who told me to go to the DA. I want to know what forms I need to get and from where to have this arrest cleared from my record. I also would like to know what agency I need to file this with. Thanks!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
The California Court System provides a free self-help center which will supply you with everything you will need clear your record.

Good luck.

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.