wallstreetesq
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
16356563

Hello, I was charged with indecent exposure due to me taking

I was charged with indecent exposure due to me taking a bet to remove my clothes in a womens public bathroom but a man saw me. Needless to say I won the bet but its been a couple months and now I had to go in and fill out my confession. I didn't do it to harm anyone is there any way to get rid of this or have it dropped? Or do I need a lawyer?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 7 years ago.
what state are you in
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
illinois
YOU SHOULD PLEAD NOT GUILTY, AS THE ACT OF REMOVING YOUR CLOTHES IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW, YOU HAVE TO HAVE HAD THE INTENT TO "AROUSE OR SATISFY A SEXUAL DESIRE" PURSUANT TO THE LAW.

Sec. 11-9. Public indecency.
(a) Any person of the age of 17 years and upwards who performs any of the following acts in a public place commits a public indecency:
(1) An act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct

as defined in Section 12-12 of this Code; or
(2) A lewd exposure of the body done with intent to
arouse or to satisfy the sexual desire of the person.
Breast-feeding of infants is not an act of public indecency.
(b) "Public place" for purposes of this Section means any place where the conduct may reasonably be expected to be viewed by others.
(c) Sentence.
Public indecency is a Class A misdemeanor. A person convicted of a third or subsequent violation for public indecency is guilty of a Class 4 felony.
(Source: P.A. 91-115, eff. 1-1-00.)
YOU WILL PROBABLY BE OFFERED A DISMISSAL AT THE FIRST COURT APPEARANCE IF NOT HIRE A LAWYER AND FIGHT THE CASE