Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Iwas convicted of DWI first offense. I had an ignition interlock

Iwas convicted of DWI first offense. I had an ignition interlock installed yesterday. Today it is malfuncting and I failed three times. I called the company that installed it and they advised meto bring it in tomrrow. They also said that the violation would be reported to my probation officer. My qurstio is am I going to have to appear in court or go to jail?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.

if it is a bona fide violation then the installer will be able to verify that - and while they need to report it to your PO they can also state that it was a technical glitch that they have since repaired. you can continue to call your PO. that is a good thing to let her know what has occurred. communication is key. at this point, i dont think you need to get worked up about anything. just explain to the installer that you will want a report on the malfunction. stand by and watch what they do to the interlock, too - see how it is repaired.