How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husaband is up for parole again this year, he was denied

Customer Question

my husaband is up for parole again this year, he was denied parole his first time up last year but they say that it's normal to be denied your first time up. his senctence was trafficking first offense 5years 2o %.
he hasnt any write ups has had a job and finished his classes and we even got married while he was in prison. he did go to court while in prison for another case for controlled substance but for nothing he did in prison but they ran it concurrent with his time served hes located in kentucky. do you think hell make parole this year?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.

Laws vary drastically by state and country. It is impossible for an attorney to provide legal advice or legal services on JustAnswer. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service and may/not apply in your particular state. What follows is general information provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed. T-USA is not your attorney. No attorney-client privilege exists. Anything you write can be used in court if discovered by an opposing party.
The following information is provided for the purpose of encouraging you to seek, in person, the counsel of an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your particular state. It is essential to consult such an attorney as soon as possible.
By reading further, you understand and agree to all that is written above.



Unfortunately, it's impossible to really estimate the probability of being released on parole. However, I can provide some useful information about the process.

First, it's important to understand that parole releases are entirely discretionary. This is why parole releases are unpredictable.

Kentucky's Parole Board considers the following criteria when evaluating whether or not to release a convict on parole:
1. The offense and its nature;
2. Prior convictions and parole/probation history;
3. Input from those affected by the crime;
4. Conduct and evaluations while incarcerated;
5. Opinions of the prosecutor and sentencing judge;
6. The ability of the community to help the parolee succeed upon returning to society;
7. The Parole Guidelines Risk Assessment.

By evaluating these factors, an individual may have additional perspective on the likely outcome of a parole hearing. However, the discretion allowed the Board is broad, making the decision unpredictable.

The outcome of a parole hearing can be one of the following three:
1. Parole (usually with conditions attached);
2. No current parole but a parole hearing to commence at a time specified by the Board;
3. No parole and the remainder of the sentence must be served to completion with no further hearings.

Good luck!

If you need additional clarification, please ask a follow-up question and I will be happy to elaborate. Please remember that we cannot provide legal advice/services through JustAnswer.

Please click the green
Accept Button for each and every answer and please remember to leave Positive Feedback. Doing so ensures I will receive credit for my time and my effort spent answering your question. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.

When leaving Feedback, please remember that Feedback is left for me as an answerer, rather than the content of the answer. While I enjoy to providing customers with the answers they want to hear, doing so is not always possible.

You should consult an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state about these matters. You can find an attorney licensed to practice law in your state through your state's lawyer referral services: