Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years, criminal defense, from misdemeanors to murder, trials and appeals.
9112957

Suppossedly my sister got a court appointed attorney somehow

Suppossedly my sister got a court appointed attorney somehow at Plane State.
She needs letters from family which we are doing.
QUESTION: will Judge XXXXX XXXXX CDC#4 Tarrant County require an attorney to show up on her behalf along with family?
Would WE need to hire an attorney? Would that change the odds of her getting Shock probation?
Would she automaticly go to SAFP program when she is up for parole in Jan 2010. Or would we have to go through the parole board to get her moved through the system. I sent you her SID # XXXXX e-mail to see if you could see anything by that.

TROUBLED IN TEXAS
HelloCustomer

If the court has appointed an attorney for your sister, then that attorney will appear in court on her behalf.

You do not need an attorney to represent you.

If you want to hire an attorney to represent her, that is totally up to the family. I read in your other question that her attorney will not return your calls. While the attorney cannot discuss anything with you that is privileged information (covered by attorney-client privilege), the attorney may speak to potential witnesses.

Certainly, the better the case that is presented for Shock probation, the better her chances are of getting it.

The SAFP will be a part of her parole unless the court orders otherwise.

I will be happy to clarify my answer if you need me to do so, or give you further explanation if you need me to do so.

If not, please click ACCEPT to pay Just Answer and me for helping you. Your positive feedback wins me points and costs you but a moment of time. A "bonus" awards me for an especially good job.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "For Gloria M."

Good luck and best wishes!

Gloria M

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely informational and educational. This public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights. You should consult with an attorney in your area for specific advice relevant to your situation.