Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

My husband was arrested on a warrant for failure to report

Customer Question

My husband was arrested on a warrant for failure to report (parole in wisconsin) currently leaving in chicago. He is being held in cook county waiting transfer to wisconsin . He has been now waiting for 90days , How long before cook county release him ? or How long does Milwaukee Wi has to pick him up? Can they hold Him here in cook county Il even thou this county dont have any case pending for him , just waiting extradiction?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.

I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties you and your husband have been dealing with. Let me see what I can do to help.

I would suggest that your troubles may be about to end. When an out-of-state warrant is served, the person typically waives extradition, I assume your husband has waived extradition. If so, Wisconsin only has so much time to pick him up, this is typically limited to 90 days, which, as I understand it, is about to come up for your husband.

October 2 is, of course, just 2 days away. I would sugges that, at that time, either Wisconsin will have made arrangements to pick him up for extradition or he will be released by Illinois.

I hope my information proved helpful. If so, please click the green ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my efforts. Your question will not close and you will be permitted to follow up, if necessary. Positive feedback and bonuses are not required but greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much for the quick response to my question. Your expertise and quick response help me so much in a time when I need it the most..Thanks once again , Your service is very helpful and I will recommend it to anyone..
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome, I wish you and your husband the best of luck!