Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

my grandson is on probation for a misdemeanor but never told

my grandson is on probation for a misdemeanor but never told he couldn't leave the country. Can he go tomorrow to Ireland for just 3 days
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.

When your grandson was sentenced, he should have received paperwork that detailed the terms of his sentence. Hopefully he kept the paperwork. If so, he should check the paperwork for any conditions regarding travel, such as leaving the state or country.

If his papers say nothing about travel restrictions, and the PO didn't forbid it, then he should be free to go. While I would never advise someone to potentially commit a crime, the quick nature of the trip makes it extremely unlikely his PO would ever even know he had left.

I hope my information proved helpful. If so, please click the green ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my efforts. Your question will not close and you will be permitted to follow up, if necessary. Positive feedback and bonuses are not required but greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck!