Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.

I need a sample letter asking the judge for leniency when he

I need a sample letter asking the judge for leniency when he is sentencing my brother of his violent crime. he is currently serving time in jail until his sentencing approaches. I want the judge to know that my brother has learned his lesson and deeply regrets the choices that he has made and is willing to become a better young man
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
Below are samples and links to samples for your use.

Quoting Sample:

To The Honorable Court

I have known (name of defendant) since (date). During that time, I have always known (name) to be a kind, giving and loving person. He has a strong family-oriented background, has always tried to do the right thing. How he ever got into this situation is so incomprehensible to me as this is not the man I have know just about all of my life.

(If he has worked, give a brief history of where and how hard, etc)

(give an example of something nice he has done for you or your family) This is terrible crime that has been committed and no one is trying to minimize the wrongdoing or hurt that (name of defendant) has caused the victim, (his/her) family and his own family and friends.

You don't know me and you don't owe anything to me or (name of defendant). Yet, I am asking you be as lenient as possible in delivering your sentence. May you find mercy in your heart.

Link which provides you with an outline of what each paragraph should say:

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Please Note: My answer is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, doing research on your question, called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner[lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Worked for UPS 3 1/2 years in orange county NY Always been loving and caring for our younger 14 year old sister
Okay, do you have a specific question with your subsequent response?