Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.
1723468

can a felon obtain a guard card in california, if it was not

Customer Question

can a felon obtain a guard card in california, if it was not drug,firearms or preditor conviction
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
It would not result in an automatic disqualification but it will be taken under submission as this is considered on a case by case basis taking into consideration, whether it was a felony or misdemeanor, when the offense occur, whether such an offense would restrict the use of a fire arm. So to answer your question it will not result in an automatic disqualification but it will depend on the person considering your application to grant it or not.

http://www.bsis.ca.gov/customer_service/faqs/peace_officer.shtml

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This did not answer my question, I want to know what kind of felony would stop me from obtaining a guard card, and who do I ontact to find out, if you do not have the answer, then I will accect
I did answer your question. The answer is that they do not have a specific list. The disqualifcation would be determined on a case by case basis. No one type of felony is an automatic disqualification, because it is subject to review and determination case by case. Hope this makes sense. Again, they have no list.

I gave you the link on the agency which regulates this. If you wish to contact someone, you contact the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. Again, that link is in my first answer.