Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

What happens if you are on probation, and get arrested and

Customer Question

What happens if you are on probation, and get arrested and charged with a class E felony in the state of NY
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
If you're on felony probation you will be a predicate felon and face a mandatory jail sentence if convicted of the E. And, of course, probation can violate you.

E felonies are frequently reduced, particularly if you're willing to take a plea. Without knowing what you're charged with, I can't give you further specifics.

________

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice.