J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.

A friend of mine was charged with several federal crimes...his

A friend of mine was charged with several federal crimes...his home was not taped off but he was taken into custody. I removed some guitars that were mine from his property after he was this illegal?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 7 years ago.

As long as the property was yours, the property was not involved in the alledged crime, you did not otherwise knowingly alter or hide evidence of the alledged crme, and there were no restrictions on your entering that you should have been aware about (either from your friend or the authorities), then it is not illegal for you to remove your property under such circumstances.

Please let me know, if you have follow-up questions.

The information is provided for discussion and entertainment purposes only. I believe in helping people and answering their questions and providing information and solutions. To encourage and facilitate this practice, it is understood and agreed by the recipient that by opening, reading, accepting, and viewing this information, no attorney-client relationship has been discussed, agreed to or otherwise established. It is understood that by posting to this site, your information is made public and no attorney-client confidence is created or possible.

In legal matters, time is of the essence. As such, you should contact an experienced lawyer right away to protect your legal rights!

I appreciate your "Accepting" my answer if it has been helpful to you. Doing so allows me to continue helping in this manner. Thank you.