LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

if while in prison they wave your parole hearing for 3yrs.

if while in prison they wave your parole hearing for 3yrs. without your consent, or signing off, is it a violation of due process and can u sue for it. Another words what the answer im looking for is "Is there a case"? I would greatly app. any feedback on this subject thank you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Sure, you can get a lawyer and sue to try and show that he didn't voluntarily waive all 3 years, just the 1 year. It is his word against the parole boards though, and it doesn't take a genius to guess how the case would turn out. I can't offer much hope of winning, but yes, you can hire an attorney to try.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,