P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

consprisy to distrib. 500grams is the charge they also have

Customer Question

consprisy to distrib. 500grams is the charge they also have 50grams as count 2 if in count one they have only evidence of 70grams can they convict me on the whole 500grams and count 2 after they followed us they observed us enter a brown building after they suspected deal was already done they seen the other person in the inditment leave the said building then picked up a c.i. and sold that ci meth can they still convict me of that when they are not pos. that it came from me........
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

Is there an informant in this case? Or was there a cooperating witness that led to the arrest?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there was an arrest made months prior to my arrest, he has said things that are not true and im not sure if there is gonna be an informant or if they even know where he is.....there is someone close to me that said some things to the police about me but says they will go to jail b4 they testify against me
But where did the 500 g come from if there was only 70? From the other person who was arrested?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes an illegal immagrant (mexican) that they say im in conspricy with.....which is suspected do to the guy arrested prior saying that i was
OK

Well, this falls on the shoulders of your lawyer and their ability to convince the DA of the truth.

Cases like this are all about perception...if the DA believes the other man was truthful and your lying, he will demand that you "come clean" and "take responsibility"

The thing in your favor is that it sounds like the "other person" is not around now.

Your lawyer will need to work with the DA to show them that there was NEVER 500g...that there was only 70. If that is the truth...that will allow the DA to back off and allow the proper deal to go through.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well see the inditment dates are 08-of 08 thru 06-of 09 only most the evidence they got is from 2006-2008 before sept and only the 70grams in march on count one is the only factual evidence they got the guy who said all these things in reguards to me was looking at 10-30 yrs and his own statement put him in conspricy in his case with the neo nazi's im just wondering do i take it to trial or become like others and tell things that i dont really know just to get some time off my plate
Got it...but what happened to him...did he take a deal already?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

he pled guilty to 500g conspricy to delv. and is doing one year in douglas county thats all i see when i look him up (justin snelling) so he had to of taken some kind of deal

Got it. And sorry for the delay

That makes complete sense. If he plead, the DA is thinking "why will you not plead?"

SO this falls back to your lawyer. Your lawyer will need to make the DA understand that the truth is NOT 500g (assuming that is, that the truth is really not 500g). You will need to make the DA understand this, or they will not budge