Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

How can a person resolve a dui misdemeanor, failure to appear

Customer Question

How can a person resolve a dui misdemeanor, failure to appear in court, and subsequent $5,000.00 warrant?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
The only thing the person can do is turn him/herself in and appear for the DUI and contempt hearing. It is not likely that the court will put the person in jail for a first offense. It is most likely that the judge will fine the person and put him/her on probation for 6-12 months.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
From your answer, you obviously did not read all the information. I do not accept this answer.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Your "already tried" entry was not posted when I answered the question.

Not much changes with my answer - other than the fact that the penalty will be more severe with jail time likely and stiffer fines.