JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

My Florida license was revoked in Florida for two DUIs in

My Florida license was revoked in Florida for two DUI's in 5 years. I never surrendered my Maryland license as I was moving back. My Maryland license is valid but is expiring on my Birthday in the next several days. Here is the dilemma...

There are no points or DUI's showing up on my Maryland record from Florida, but Florida has flagged my Maryland license...therefore I cant renew my Maryland license until I clear the flag. The only way I can imagine clearing the flag is the 5 years to expire or to get a hardship license.

I was turned down for my hardship lisense in Florida because i have had an alcoholic beverage in the last 12 months. I could have lied, but I didnt and didnt know it would matter....i dont give a rats ass about Florida....I just need to drive in Maryland.

I am screwed, but just needed to ask if anyone could think of anything....

thank you!
How long ago were you denied your hardship license in Florida?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yesterday...so it would be another year before i can try to get another one...
Did you try it on your own or with the assistance of an attorney?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
on my own....
It's a long shot but there's no harm in you meeting with a Florida attorney who specializes in license restoration. Maybe, just maybe, s/he can assist you in attempting to get your hardship petition reconsidered.

You are right in your assessment that you'll get no where in Maryland until you get your Florida flag taken care of.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!