Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband was abused by a teacher when he was in high school,

My husband was abused by a teacher when he was in high school, and I just found out that teacher is coaching little league. This makes me very uncomfortable. Should I call the police in the town he works in? I don't want my husband to have to get involved, but I can't just know this and not do anything.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
You can call anonymously, and they WILL investigate, but UNDERSTAND - this might look a lot like a prank call, and YOU might get in trouble unless you have serious reason to think that he is trouble, so your husband might be pulled in anyways.

Best of luck in your matter! I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How would I get in trouble? Would it be better to contact his bosses anonymously and tell them to look into his background? He was let go at the high school where he worked because there were complaints about him, but I don't think he was ever charged with anything.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
Well, did he ever get convicted of anything that he did?

Imagine that I called on you and said you molest children, or did. The police come out, investigate, let's assume they don't find anything...they can go to you and ask "how do you know this?" You can then bring in your husband to back your complaint, or not, and if you don't, they might charge you with false reporting.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, thank you. Things to think about.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome. Good luck.