Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

hypothetically, if some one took 1900 dollars from some one

hypothetically, if some one took 1900 dollars from some one in the 1970's was investigated asked about it never arrested but let go for lack of proof then some 30 years latter lets some one in the party know they did take the money just as an act of contrition can they be prosocuted or has the statute of limitations expired?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

Hypothetically, the statute of limitation would long have expired. Only crimes such as murder, statutory rape, and other serious felonies last more then 5-10 years.

I'd still wouldn't go around telling people about it...hypothetically.

Best of luck in your matter! I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if and I would be happy to answer any and all of the follow up questions.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so If hypothetically I will be able to sleep tonight knowing the police will not be out looking for anyone . Even if it was the ex-employer involved was who the hypothetical confession may have been given to?
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
You can sleep like a hypothetical baby.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
You're hypothetically welcome.