CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

My son was convicted of misdemeanor possession with intent

My son was convicted of misdemeanor : possession with intent to sell a controlled substance. (He was at the wrong place and the wrong time). His companion was actually selling 15 pills of ecstacy, handed my son a brown bag to be passed to an undercover cop. Matt was in the middle, and didn't realize what was going on.
He's successfully completed probation, paid his fine, and all drug tests were negative. He's been "free" for over a year. He's having trouble finding a job due to the misdemeanor on his record. What are the chances of his record being expunged in the state of GA?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

In Georgia, under some circumstances, you may be able to have a criminal record expunged, which means that some records are destroyed and others are restricted from disclosure.

You may be eligible for expungement if:

• Charges against you have been disposed of without a conviction and you have not been convicted of a crime in the past five years, or
  • You have a juvenile record, but you were not adjudicated delinquent.

If you are eligible for expungement, you may make a written request to the proper law enforcement agency. If the agency denies your request, you may challenge that decision in court.

Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. If you do not have any additional questions, please click the ACCEPT button, so I may get credit for my answer.