CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

IF A MAGISTRATE FILLS OUT AN ILLEGAL WARRANT...ARRESTS YOU...WHAT

IF A MAGISTRATE FILLS OUT AN ILLEGAL WARRANT...ARRESTS YOU...WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT SLANDER, DAMAGES AND ETC......AND HOW TO GO ABOUT IT....AND HOW LONG AFTER IT WAS DONE TO YOU ...DO YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

What State are you in?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NORTH CAROLINA
You would need to file a civil lawsuit to recover damages. The statute of limitations for libel/slander, in North Carolina, is 1 year from the date of incident.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
IF IT WAS DONE WHILE IN RECOVERY OF MAJOR SURGERY RECOVERY AND ETC...WOULD IT GIVE MORE THAN A STATUE OF 1 YR OF INCIDENT FOR PERSON TO BE IN BETTER HEALTH TO THEN DO SUIT

The court would look at if you were physically incapacitated, to the point where there was no possible way to file the lawsuit or contact an attorney, via telephone and the statute of limitations would then have been tolled.

Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I may get credit for my answer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WOULD BRAIN SURGERY (RUPTURED ANERSYM)...HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS FROM SURGERY...NOT NEEDING TO BE UPSET( WHICH RISES BLOODPRESSURE INDANGERING CLIP IN BRAIN..BECAUSE OF SURGERY CLIP IN BRAIN...GRANT MORE TIME..
It sounds like you would have a valid claim to make. The discretion is up to the court and the Judge presiding over the lawsuit, to decide.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WHERE DO YOU FILE SUIT..AT SAME MAGISTRATE OFFICE..OR SOMEWHERE ELSE?

You would file your lawsuit with the Clerk of Courts, in the county where the cause of action arose.

Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I may get credit for my answer. After you ACCEPT, feel free to ask any additional follow up questions, that are relevant to your original question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HOW MUCH IS A SUIT LIKE THIS WORTH...WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN FALSELY ARRESTED, SLANDER , ETC...AND DONE WHILE IN RECOVERY OF MAJOR SURGERY
It will depend on the damages you suffered as a result of it. Money is just not going to be awarded. You are going to have to prove, that as a result of this illegal arrest, you were damaged. You are going to need to show loss of work, physical or mental injury as a result and any type of violation of your rights.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I WAS ARRESTED AGAINST MY WILL...AND TOLD MAGISTRATE HE WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG...HE CONTINUED..HAD ME FINGER PRINTED...PICTURE TAKEN...FOR HIM TO FIND OUT LATER HE WAS IN THE WRONG...AND MY BLOODPRESSURE ROSE VERY HIGH...INDANGERING MY CLIP....HAD TO TAKE DOUBLE MEDICATIONS...STRESS OF THE WHOLE THING AND ETC.... IS THE $15.OO DOLLAR FEE FOR ALL OF THE ANSWERS OR $15.OO FOR EACH ANSWER
$15.00 is for everything. At this time, please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer. You will only be charged a one time fee, of $15.00
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THE LAST QUESTION WAS REGUARDING MONEY REWARDS OF DAMAGES...I STATED THE STATE IT PUT ME IN AT THE TIME...I GUESS I DIDN'T MAKE IT CLEAR ENOUGH..BUT I WAS ASKING FOR A RUFF FIGURE AMOUNT ON DAMAGES IN MY CASE...YOU DID ANSWER ABOUT THE 15.00...SO IN MY CASE MONEY DAMAGES WHAT WOULD I BE LOOKING AT...IF I HAVE BECOME MAJOR DEPRESSED BY THIS AND SO ON

A rough amount excluding your actually expenses as a result could be $20,000- $25,000.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THIS INFRO WENT OUT INTO INTERNET..I WAS TOLD IT CAN'T BE RETRIEVED ONCE IT WENT OUT....PEOPLE YRS LATER WOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THIS...HURT ME FOR WORK AND ETC......ISN'T THIS ACTUALLY A MILLIONS OF DOLLAR CASE..RATHER THAN AMOUNT QUOTED...DO I SUE THE PERSON WHO TOOK OUT PAPERS...MAGISTRATE...POLICE OFFICER..AND SHERIFF DEPARTMENT..OR WHO
If you think its worth millions, you can certainly ask for that and hopefully try to reach a settlement. You would sue the sheriffs department, city and county.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WHAT IS YOUR NAME..ADDRESS AND E-MAIL ADDRESS...SO I CAN AWARD YOU IN FUTURE AFTER SUIT...FOR YOUR INFRO

I appreciate the offer but we are unable to give out such information. Simply click the ACCEPT so I can get credit for my answer. The $15.00 is your only obligation, for the information provided.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
STATUE OF LIMITION FOR LAW SUIT ON UNLAWFUL ARREST
Please click the ACCEPt button, so I can get credit for my answer. After, I will be happy to answer other questions, that are outside the scope of your original post.
I have spend a considerable amount of time answering all your questions and wish you the best of luck with your lawsuit. I will be happy to answer any follow up questions after you click the ACCEPT button, so I may get credit for my answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MY LAST QUESTION WAS THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL QUESTIONS...IT'S WHAT HAPPENED....SEND NAME AND E=MAIL SO I CAN PAY THE LAWYER THAT ANSWERED A QUESTION..15.00
It is paid using a credit card. The one you used to deposit the money so your question could be answered. Checks, cash and money orders are not accepted through the site. You simply need to click the green ACCEPT button, that is on your computer.