Criminal Attorney
Criminal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with experience in criminal law

What if you were arrested by a male officer, you are a female.

What if you were arrested by a male officer, you are a female. As soon as you get to the jail, you are told to take your clothes off in front of about three other mail officers, and I mean all of your clothes". Not only that you are placed naked on the mens side of the jail, where all of the inmates proceed to bark, and whistle at you while beating the railings of there sell. Your are left there for more than 10 minutes, you are on your cycle and blood is all in the middle of your thighs while you are standing there naked and the officers too are making sexual derrogatory comments as well. Long story short, you don't see a female officer until the next day, right before you bail out?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Criminal Attorney replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Without knowing all the facts, it sounds like you were treated improperly. There may not be anything you can do over being arrested and booked by male officers, but making you stand naked where other prisoners can see you, making sexual remarks, and leaving you standing naked for over ten minutes is definitely wrong. I would contact a local attorney to discuss a potential case against the police for sexual harassment and cruel and unusual punishment. Find an attorney that offers free consultations, and they will be able to tell you within a few minutes if the case is worth pursuing.

Such treatment may be grounds for a civil suit, but will not have any bearing on the outcome of your criminal case.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is a sexual harassment law suit part of a civil suit or are they two seperate law suits. Does a civil suit include sexual harassment and cruel and unusual punishment all in one, or are they all seperate suits
These lawsuits are both civil suits and could be included in the same lawsuit.