AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

What if a person on probation for a class 5 felony and a class

What if a person on probation for a class 5 felony and a class 6 felony in the year 2000 left the country for a real family emergency without permisson from the courts and now was returning to the US after 10 years is there a Statue of Limitations or should the person get Leagel help before returning?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.

By reading further, you agree to and understand the following:
Laws vary drastically by state and country. It is impossible for an attorney to provide legal advice or legal services on JustAnswer. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service and may/not apply in your particular state. What follows is general information provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed. T-USA is not your attorney. No attorney-client privilege exists. Anything you write can be used in court if discovered by an opposing party.
The following information is provided for the purpose of encouraging you to seek, in person, the counsel of an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your particular state. It is essential to consult such an attorney as soon as possible.

It would be prudent to seek legal assistance. A statute of limitations would not typically apply to such a situation.

Penalties for a probation violation can range from a warning to revocation of probation resulting in serving the remainder of the initial prison sentence.

Due to the extended duration of the violation, it seems unlikely that a warning would be applied. Accordingly, it would be prudent to seek legal assistance with the matter.

If you do not feel that this answer fully responds to your question, please ask a follow-up question and I will be happy to elaborate. Please remember that we cannot provide legal advice/services through JustAnswer.

Please click the green
Accept Button for each and every answer and please remember to leave Positive Feedback. Doing so ensures I will receive credit for my time and my effort spent answering your question. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.

When leaving Feedback, please remember that Feedback is left for me as an answerer, rather than the content of the answer. While I enjoy to providing customers with the answers they want to hear, doing so is not always possible.

You should consult an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state about these matters. You can find an attorney licensed to practice law in your state through your state's lawyer referral services:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If the person that is in this situation was to re-enter the US would they be arressted at the point of entry or would they be-able to get home and take care of things then without any hasle?