Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor

can a non violent class d felon poses a firearm on his own

can a non violent class d felon poses a firearm on his own property?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
Once a person has been convicted of a felony, regardless of the level, they lose their right to own a firearm. However, you can file to have your civil rights restored, including the right to own and possess a firearm.

Until you have those rights restored, you can't own or possess a firearm, even on your own property.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!